Light And Dark Side Wizards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WEEK 5 MUST READ

+2
Jenn
Necker
6 posters

Go down

WEEK 5 MUST READ Empty WEEK 5 MUST READ

Post  Guest Thu May 28, 2009 12:53 pm

i messad leigh and this is her response

Hey Jerome. I so appreciate your note and I in no way think you are complaining. We are doing another week. We are just having to take our time doing it - as Fan Trips Travel has some big initiatives going right now - and I've been requested to finish up these first - which means Tyler and I are putting together the last week in our spare hours. I have not posted anything because I don't want to miss a deadline again -

Each week takes us about 20-40 hours to put together - and we just keep pushing it along...this next quest is a doozy...it's got some interactive youtube features that are taking extra time. I am optimistic we'll be able to complete it by the weekend - but it may be Sunday before we get to finish it.

That's just been one of the challenges in this challenging economy - Everyone is working so hard and so fast to keep things moving in the travel industry. I don't want to disappoint or frustrate anyone who has been doing the quest - I'm just having to put my attention first to those priorities that FanTrips is setting. I've got elements of the HP Trips in London I'm putting together plus the Vampire baseball program....and those have had to get done in the last two weeks to insure all trips are successful for fans this summer. I promise we do have another week. We haven't told the whole story!

As for prizes - all random prizes are picked randomly. Zeph has absolutely no say in the drawings. She is a great and wonderful Admin - but her duties do not extend to prizes...We do that all from our offices.

When I do clues that I mail out -those are not prizes from our random selection...these are extra things that Tyler and I custom make (ie - those board games) We pick those people ourselves - based on no particular criteria - I just work to send to people who participate on the forum for those. Zeph is close friends with many people on the forum - far more so than I am - solely because I don't have the time to connect as much...but her friendships are in no way attached to the choices I make on the clues we sent out. That would definately not be her style - Zeph is professional all the way - and would never dream of crossing that line. It's kind of how I select people to be ghosts and featured in the quest...I didn't pick you because I know you - I picked you because I thought you were a great representation of all the great people who do the quest.

We have picked winners for each week randomnly from each week's quest...we literally print the email registrants out, mix them up in a wizard hat - and pick....I will make sure I get those names posted on the home page this week...and Alivan's will be shipping them all out this week. We'll have winners left for random drawings this next week so people can still win other things...I hope that answers your questions. Thanks for writing. I'll make sure to post something on the forum this week as well as soon as I've reloaded the home page with prize winners to date.

So all that to say - I hear your concerns and I so appreciate your note. I'll get everything wrapped up this week so that we can have another terrific questing week shortly. Whew!

Back to top Go down

WEEK 5 MUST READ Empty Re: WEEK 5 MUST READ

Post  Necker Thu May 28, 2009 1:04 pm

I have lots of things to say. Lots. not all of them nice.

I'm just going to say that if she had time to write such a long message to Jerome, on facebook, she should have had time to post a 30 sec message on HER forum, the HPQ forum about the fact that yes, there is a week 5.

And I'm going to stop there, and not talk about the "weekly prizes". (oh really ? does that mean that the prizes people received during the first week weren't weekly prizes ? Why not correct the questers talking about "weekly prizes" then ? Does that also mean that last year, no one received weekly prizes, as they were all clues ?)

Now I'm stopping for real.

I love the quest and the admins, and all, yada yada... (required ending of posts that dare to complain)
Necker
Necker
Third Year Magic

Number of posts : 100
Health :
WEEK 5 MUST READ Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100WEEK 5 MUST READ Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-27

Forum Hogwarts
Character: The Grey Lady
Hogwarts House: Slytherin Slytherin
Where Are You In Hogwarts: The Great Hall

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenn Thu May 28, 2009 9:29 pm

I am glad that she has given someone a word on what is going on with the quest. I also understand that this is her job and not just a fun quest like it is to us, but at the same time it is not very professional to leave people hanging like they have been. I can understand that she has been very busy with other thngs too. I just wish she would of delegated someone to be the go between on information.
Jenn
Jenn
Deputy Headmistress

Number of posts : 197
I Am A : Damn Polygamist Too, and a great Admin!
Health :
WEEK 5 MUST READ Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100WEEK 5 MUST READ Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-22

Forum Hogwarts
Character: Deputy Headmistress
Hogwarts House: Gryffindor Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post  tkmillertime Fri May 29, 2009 1:31 am

nah im glad that jer got her to give us updaate one way or another im not complaining i have lots on my plate too. and im glad that theres another week yay. she is cautious on what she does but to have another rep i thought Zeph was one lol. but as for me i could be wrong on that one. my reason for zeph is because shes also a admin to give out nice comments about the on goings of the quest. thats what i thought. SOL. lol i cant wait but ill wait patiently no matter how long that might take.
tkmillertime
tkmillertime
Third Year Magic

Number of posts : 105
I Am A : Magical Being
Health :
WEEK 5 MUST READ Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100WEEK 5 MUST READ Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-19

Forum Hogwarts
Character: Karen

http://tkmillertime.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sev Sat May 30, 2009 5:15 am

confused a tons of questions stay in my head.....i wanted refind our hpquest like the last year! All was more simple and we were a big familly! All!
I miss that a tons! Crying or Very sad
Sev
Sev
Third Year Magic

Number of posts : 149
I Am A : French witch happy but not too mu
Health :

Registration date : 2008-04-20

Forum Hogwarts
Character: hailee
Hogwarts House: Hufflepuff Hufflepuff
Where Are You In Hogwarts: Common Room

Back to top Go down

Post  Elena Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:43 pm

week 5 will be released on Tuesday ,June 9 it says on the HPQuest2 page..at last!!!!!! bounce

and Sev..!!! congratulations on your prize!!!! happy happy cheers happy happy
Elena
Elena
First Year Magic

Number of posts : 32
I Am A : Vampire witch
Health :

Registration date : 2009-04-18

Forum Hogwarts
Character: Elena
Hogwarts House:
Where Are You In Hogwarts: Quidditch Pitch

Back to top Go down

Post  freetobandito Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:47 pm

HURRAH FOR SEV! i think her little girls will like that broom too to play with. happy but not too mu
freetobandito
freetobandito
Second Year Magic

Number of posts : 71
I Am A : vampire with a spork obession
Health :

Registration date : 2008-04-23

Forum Hogwarts
Character: Tanith Artemisa Nygt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sev Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:44 am

confused Did i win something?????
I am so glad that week 5 will be here the next week!! yay!!!!
I will look in hp quest forum right now for try to understand that "win story".... lol!
Sev
Sev
Third Year Magic

Number of posts : 149
I Am A : French witch happy but not too mu
Health :

Registration date : 2008-04-20

Forum Hogwarts
Character: hailee
Where Are You In Hogwarts: Common Room

Back to top Go down

Post  tkmillertime Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:11 am

congrats sev and others who won yay for hoquest 2 on june ninth something for me too look forward too yay
tkmillertime
tkmillertime
Third Year Magic

Number of posts : 105
I Am A : Magical Being
Health :

Registration date : 2008-04-19

Forum Hogwarts
Character: Karen

http://tkmillertime.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down